Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Man accidentally shoots himself in the groin

(http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20061116/ap_on_fe_st/groin_shot)

"WICHITA, Kan. - A botched kidnapping ended with one of the assailants shooting himself in the groin, Wichita police said. The man had just stuck the gun back into his waistband when it fired, shooting him in the left testicle.

He cringed, causing the gun to fire again and strike him in the left calf.

When the shooting ended, the 23-year-old man managed to walk himself into the hospital for treatment, police said. He and his two accomplices, ages 18 and 20, were arrested for aggravated attempted kidnapping and conspiracy to obstruct justice.

The men were attempting to kidnap a teen in a dispute over stereo speakers, police said."


Now this is one smart crook. Stick a loaded gun ready to fire into your pants, shoot yourself in the nuts, then bend over and have it go off again into your leg. I think at that point I would have just said, "Wow, there is no way im gettin out of this" and shot myself one more time. And then he had the balls to go to a public hospital for treatment. Well, he didn't really have the balls after that. Talk about irony.

4 comments:

Rebecca DeVendra said...

This made me laugh. =D
This reminds me of a story I heard about a drunk guy biting down on a blasting cap because it didn't go off. It's hard to feel sorry for these people.

Tara said...

Ohh the stupidity of crimminals!! Love it, lol. I enjoyed reading all your entries, but this was definetly the funniest one!!

cameron.crazy.rob said...

I like stories like these. They make me laugh, and then feel better about the stupid things i do.
Rob Canfield

Diadem said...

This reminds me of a book called the Darwin Awards, which was basically a collection of short, true stories about people doing extremly stupid things (like apes, hench the name). There was a lot of stuff about dumb robbers, such as a guy who tried to rob a firearm store. Not only were the employees and half the customers licensed to carry hidden weapons, but there was also a cop present. The crook either had to be very desperate or very stupid. I suggest the latter.